- Daisuke Umeno (1999-2003) Chiba University, Japan: "Breeding around the biosynthetic pathways, genetic networks, bugs & students"
- Jesse Bloom (2002-2007) Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center: "Mutational antigenic profiling of anti-viral immune responses"
- Sabine Brinkmann-Chen (2006-present) Caltech: "Engineering, predicting, and understanding the cofactor specificity of ketol-acid reductoisomerases"
- Rusty Lewis (2014-present) Caltech: “Identification of mechanism-based inactivation in P450-catalyzed cyclopropanation facilitates engineering of enzymes with enhanced catalytic activity and stability”
- Ruijie (Kelly) Zhang (2014-present) Caltech: “Enantioselective enzyme-catalyzed aziridination enabled by active-site evolution of a cytochrome P450”
- Christopher Prier (2014-present) Caltech: “Asymmetric enzymatic synthesis of allylic amines: a sigmatropic rearrangement strategy”
- Javier Murciano-Calles (2015-present) Caltech: “Directed evolution reactivates the tryptophan synthase β-subunit through conversion of allosteric potential into catalytic activity”
- Andrew R. Buller (2013-present) Caltech: “Shortcutting biosynthesis: engineering a single enzyme route to alkaloid precursors”
- Shuyi Ma (2006-2009) Center for Infectious Disease Research: "Systematic Assessment of Drug Susceptibility in Mycobacterium tuberculosis"
- Gerald E. Wuenschell (1988-1991) Beckman Research Institute at the City of Hope: "Tissue-Imaging by Mass Spectrometry: A Novel Technique for Clinical and Basic Research"
- Edgardo Farinas (1999-2003) New Jersey Institute of Technology: "Display methods for engineering and optimization of membrane proteins"
- Devin Trudeau (2009-2014) Weizmann Institute of Science: "Rewiring photorespiration"
- Anna Abelin (2006-2007) Loredge, Inc.: "Loredge - Free Your Mind - the perfect tool for curating your knowledge"